Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a wide range of services and to help you answer some questions, we have created this frequently asked questions page for you. If you can’t find your answer here, please call (07) 5597 7291 and one of our friendly Sales Co-ordinators will assist you with any questions you may have. Alternatively, you can email us.
1. What file format does my artwork need to be in?
PDF or for variable / personalised jobs indesign or illustrator.
2. How can I get my files to you?
The most commonly used methods is via FTP or email.
3. What format does my database need to be saved in?
Excel, CSV or text file.
4. How does barcoding work and will it save me much in postage?
PreSort Letters is a cost-effective way to send fully addressed mail. You can get discounted postage rates if you’re sending more than 300 machine-addressed items, all barcoded and sorted. Discounts of up to 40% on regular mail.
5. What are the new postage services?
Promo Post – Promo Post charges are available to those organisations that:
• are sending articles that are promotional in nature; and
• have pre-sorted their small letter mail and are lodging bulk mailings (within Australia) of 4000 or more.
6. How many pieces fit into an envelope?
Depends on the weight of the stock and the size of the envelope. Please contact your sales rep or the office to discuss.
7. Does the customer need to supply the barcode themselves?
No, our data department can assist you with this. The barcode is generated from your data using software that matches addresses to the Australia Post database.
8. Can we personalise text and images?
Yes, our art department can assist you with this.
9. Privacy agreements – is data shared with others and is it kept securely?
We do not share client’s information with other parties and we can arrange a privacy agreement that is signed by Pronto Direct and the customer.
10. Delivery options?
Australia Post / postage providers, couriers and collection.
11. Can we post internationally and domestic?
Yes, we most commonly use Australia Post and DHL.